Throughout this week, a group of cyclists are undertaking a six day long cycling tour in support of the Foundation. The route is starts at Swindon Town and finishes at Bradford City. Along the way, the group will call at the other four clubs where Stephen Darby played.
After two days on the road, the convoy of cyclists arrived in Nottingham at Meadow Lane, Notts County, where Stephen enjoyed a great loan spell. Within their number was Kevin Darby, Stephen’s brother. After a second day in the saddle, Kevin gave his summary of events so far.
“Both Swindon Town and Notts County have gone above and beyond in what they have done for us. The riding has been good but the routes have been great and all the lads are doing well so far.”
The itinerary for their journey is
- Monday August 17 – Swindon Town to Warwick
- Tuesday August 18 – Warwick to Notts County
- Wednesday August 19 – Notts County to Congleton
- Thursday August 20 – Congleton to Liverpool
- Friday August 21 – Liverpool to Bolton Wanderers to Rochdale
- Saturday August 22 – Rochdale to Bradford City
Kevin has a plan to wear one of his brothers team shirts on each day of the ride, with one exception. As an Evertonian, he will leave the Liverpool shirt at home in the draw.
To support the team in their fight against MND through their donation page, follow this link.